Feed your dog with sufficient and best quality foods
If you are the owner of a dog and you want to take care of it with the best nutrition. Then this article will be completely helpful. In this article we provide how much to feed a german shepherd puppy and the best dog food for german shepherd available in the market.
The daily food you should give to your pet varies from different factors such as their age, type of food provided, physical activity, and amount of nutrition.
Hence providing the best quality food to you is most important as it keeps you healthy and active. So to keep your dog healthy follow the instruction provided in this article.
How much to feed a German Shepherd puppy per Day:
If you are having the puppy dog and you have no idea about its feeding method? Then under this topic, we can see how much to feed a German shepherd puppy per day in detail. The puppy stage is more important because the correct proportion of nutrients only helps in the growth of the puppy. There are four types of puppy food available such as Dry kibble, wet food, homemade food, and raw food. The important things you need to know before feeding your puppy are as follows:
- The puppies should be provided with more amount of food than the adult dog because it only helps you to grow healthier in their adult stage.
- The food you provide to your pet should have 26 percent fat and 15-18 percent proteins which makes their bones stronger.
- You should not provide extra vitamins or proteins to your puppy unless and until the veterinarian’s advice you to give.
- You should give your puppy fresh and plenty of water between the meals.
- Apart from all these points, you will also have a doubt that how much to feed a German shepherd puppy per day? The answer is a puppy can eat three times per day.
- And you can give puppy food for your pet from birth to 12 weeks after that you need to provide adult food to them.
These are the important things you should consider before feeding your puppy. Now we can see about the frequency of feeding you should provide to your pet at different weeks. The feeding frequency you should maintain for your puppy is:
- During the starting stage, you should provide them with four feeding per day.
- From the eighth week, you should provide them with three feeding per day.
- And from the 12th week, you can provide them with two feedings per day.
Now we can see about the feeding amount you should provide to your pet dog at different stages. This will help in analyzing how much to feed a German shepherd per day
- You can provide ½ to 1 cup of food for your pet for up to 16 weeks.
- You can provide 1 to 1 ¾ cup of food from 16 weeks to 9 months.
- For 9 months to 12 months old puppy, you can provide 2 to 2 ½ cups of the meal.
- After 12 months you can give 2 ½ to 3 ½ cups of food at each meal.
Now we can see how much time interval and water you should give to your puppy between each feeding. The mealtime length can be varies based on how hungry it is, and how long it takes to eat its food? Normally you can give 10 to 15 minutes gap between each interval. And you should give them a sufficient amount of water to your puppy after each meal.
When to change the feeding of puppy to adult and amount of food given at the adult stage?
In this topic, we provide you the instructions about when to change your level of food from puppy stage to the adult stage in detail. You can provide puppy food to your pet until your puppy reaches 12 weeks.
After 12 weeks you can provide feeding to your pet based on adult feeding. In case you are providing puppy food to your adult pet then the proportion of feeding must be reduced. If you are providing the adult food to your pet the proportion of feeding must be increased.
The feeding amount of the food you should give to your adult dog is provided below. By reading this you can know how much to feed a German shepherd per day easily.
For adult dogs between 60lb to 90lb, you can provide 3 to 4 cups of food per day. This proportion of food can be provided to the dog two times that is morning and evening.
The food level you provide for your pet at adult should be comparatively lower than the amount of food you should give for your pet at the puppy. These are the points you should consider while giving food to your pet dogs.
Best dog food for german shepherd available in the market:
I hope that after reading the above paragraphs, you will be clear about how much to feed a German shepherd per day and now we can see what are the best dog food for german shepherd. From the various food items listed below, you can choose the best quality food for your dogs. Now we can see the products one by one in detail:
These are some of the best brands of foods available in the market for the breed of a German shepherd. If you want to know more details about the food for German shepherd visit the website and provide your dog with healthy food.
Iams Proactive Health Adult German Shepherd Dry Dog Food : This is one of the best brands among the variety of foods available in the market. The various features are
- This kind of food is specially made for the German shepherd breed dogs to maintain and balances their diet in correct proportion.
- The ingredients used in the production process helps to better functioning of the digestive system.
- The main ingredient used in this product of dry kibble is chicken and it does not consist of soy, wheat, and fillers.
- Hence by providing this brand food to your pet, it will help to improve its heart functioning and makes their muscles stronger.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness high protein adult dog food: This also a best dry food for your adult dog. The various features of this food are as follows:
- It is available in various sizes such as 4.5lb, 11lb, and 24 lb.
- This is rich with high protein and carbohydrates for getting balanced nutrition and energy.
- The omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids used in this food help to maintain a shiny coat and healthy skin of your pet.
- The various ingredients used in this dry food product are Deboned chicken, chicken meals, fish meal, fruits, and vegetables.
- It also has a sufficient amount of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to provide support to the immune system, growth, and oxidative balance.
- It does not contain any artificial flavors.
Royal Canin Breed health nutrition: This kind of food is specially made for the adult dogs of the German shepherd breed. The various details about the ingredients used in this food are:
- It is available in various sizes such as 6lb, 17 lb, and 30 lb.
- It is kind of dry food for German shepherd breed of adult dogs.
- The ingredients used in this food helps to maintain all the energy needs of your dogs.
- The kibble shape of the food pieces in this is attracted by the dogs very much.
- It also helps to maintain the shining and health of the skin.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness high protein for large breed dogs: This brand food is specially made for large breed dogs and the specialties of this product are given below:
- It is available in 24lb size bag.
- It is a high protein and grain free food specially made for the large breed dogs.
- The nutrition such as DHA, ARA, important fatty acids and choline helps to support the fine development of cognitive learning and the retinal functioning of your dog.
- The various ingredients used in this product are Deboned chicken, Chicken Meal, Egg and Fish Meal, and L-Carnitine help in the development of the lean muscles of your dog.
- It does not contain any artificial flavors, preservative, corn, wheat or soy.
Provide a sufficient and best quality food to your pet which is faithful to you. This article will be surely helpful for you to know the amount of feeding you should provide to your pets at different stages from puppy to adult. Therefore follow the guidelines and tips given to you regarding your pets feeding and execute them to make your pets healthy and active. We also provide additional information about various brands of items available for your pets in the market.
If you like how much to feed a German shepherd puppy article or find helpful please comment below.